Routes for cycling enthusiasts in Pernes les Fontaines!
Bike hire and repairs : Find our addresses HERE
4 circular cycle routes are signposted from the sports complex in Pernes les Fontaines:
- 3 km loop – easy – 25 min GPX file
- 6.5 km loop – easy – 40 min GPX file
- 13 km loop – medium difficulty – 60 min GPX file
- 16 km loop – medium difficulty –1½ hours GPX file
Download the topographical map here.
Pernes les Fontaines, partner of “Provence by bike”
Pernes les Fontaines is the perfect base for discovering the Vaucluse by bike. Numerous signposted routes enable you to discover every region of the Vaucluse:
- Haut Vaucluse, Provence of the Popes
- Around Châteauneuf du Pape
- The Luberon
- Mont Ventoux, Comtat Venaissin and the Pays de Sault
- The Vaucluse mountains and the Pays des Sorgues
Download the “Provence by bike” map here
More information can be found on "Provence Cycling"
Pernes is the birth town of Paul de Vivie, nicknamed “Velocio”
Cycling enthusiasts will not want to miss the only museum devoted to 2 wheels in Provence: the Comtat Bicycle Museum!
At the heart of the vaulted cellars of the Hôtel de Ville, come and discover this amazing collection of lovingly restored bikes and retrace the history of this fabulous machine from the time of the penny farthing to the “Paris-Beijing” bike, not forgetting the tandem, so symbolic of the advent of paid holidays in France!
Download the museums brochure here